The Frontiers program is a mentoring program serves boys age 9-13. Program elements include weekly meetings of mentors and boys, a Field trip and many workshops, the Frontiers join the instructors for one hour Halaqas and discussions. The instructors mentors and role models who listen, encourage and believe in them. They model integrity, accountability, compassion and respect. We help our boys by empowering them to speak their truth, and encouraged to take responsibility for their choices, we supported, listened to and value their thoughts and imputes.
Discussion topics include:
- What is your dream? What are you doing or not doing to achieve that dream?
- What kind of man do you want to be? What will you need to do to become that man
- What are you afraid of?
- What masks do you wear to hide what is really going on inside you?
- How does peer pressure affect you?
- What are you most proud of, and least proud of?
- Have you ever been bullied or been the bully?
Each meeting begins with a check-in round. A mentor models the check-in by sharing his teenage experience on that week’s topic. Some weeks the group participate in a fun, physical activity like dodge ball, touch football or basketball. Playing together is an important program component that deepens the connection between boys and mentors.
FRONTIERS AGE GROUP
Boys 8 – 13 years old
Saturdays 3:00pm – 6:00pm
My Manners Matters